Contact us online
Use our Contact Council online form to get in touch with us. Your request will be forwarded to a responsible officer for investigation. We will respond to all enquiries if required.
Our Customer Service Centre is located on Ground Floor of our Administration Centre and is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Language Aides are available in Arabic, Cantonese, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Mandarin, Spanish and Vietnamese.
Operating hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
After-hours contact: Telephone: (02) 9707 9000 (24 hours, 7 days per week)
For people who have a hearing or speech impairment:
City of Canterbury
137 Beamish St
ABN: 55 150 306 339
- Address all correspondence to:
General Manager Canterbury-Bankstown Council
PO Box 77, Campsie NSW 2194
- DX address: DX3813
We have a number of payment methods that are available for our residents. Visit our Payments page for further details.
Council has a designated Public Officer in accordance with s.342 of the Local Government Act. The Act outlines the functions of the Public Officer as follows.
The Public Officer:
- may deal with requests from the public concerning Council's affairs
- has the responsibility of assisting people to gain access to public documents of Council
- may receive submissions made to Council
- may accept service of documents on behalf of Council
- may represent Council in any legal or other proceedings
- has such other functions as may be conferred or imposed on the Public Officer by the General Manager or by or under the Local Government Act.
Our Public Officer is the Director Corporate Services, Andy Sammut. The Public Officer can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 9789 9300 or by fax on 9789 1542.
Sports Field Wet Weather Hotline
The City of Canterbury Sports Fields Wet Weather availability telephone answering service, sms service and Internet service is designed to inform hirers of the availability of playing fields during periods of wet weather.
Find out more about the current temperature in the Canterbury area.
Justice of the Peace
We have worked in partnership with the NSW JP Association to provide this vital service at Campsie Library and Lakemba Library. The service is also available at our Customer Service Centre. Visit our Justice of the Peace page for further details.
Was this page useful?
Type the characters you see in the picture below (Required)