Remember that your red lid rubbish bin is emptied weekly.
Rubbish will be collected only from the red lid rubbish bins. Houses, villas and townhouses have 140L red lid rubbish bins, and units have 240L red lid rubbish bins to be shared 1 bin between 2 units.
What day is my rubbish collected?
View our Waste Collection Days & Zones Map to find out which zone you are in and what day your bin is collected.
Place your bin on the nature strip or street kerb the night before your allocated collection date. Only normal household rubbish should be placed in your bin. It's important not to overload your bin or it will not be collected.
If you have any questions, call us on 9789 9300.
What you should put in your rubbish bin
✔ Plastics bags and garbage bags
✔ Disposable nappies
✔ Plastic and food packaging
✔ Non-recyclable items
✔ Food scraps
✔ Small broken household items (ie lightbulbs, crockery etc)
What not to put into your rubbish bin
✘ Recyclable items
✘ Garden vegetation
✘ Hazardous waste and medicines, motor oil and paint
✘ Car batteries, or mobile phone batteries
✘ Community Sharps, such as lancets, syringes and needles
✘ Computers, TV's, or any other electronic waste
- call Council on 9789 9300 for information on how to dispose of these items
Please note: If your bin is too full or too heavy it will not be collected. All material must be in a bin. Any materials not inside your bins will not be collected and may attract an on-the-spot fine for dumped rubbish.
Here's how you can reduce your rubbish by up to 75%
- Recycle as many recyclable items as possible.
- Use your garden vegetation bin for materials like grass clippings, leaves, prunings, flowers and small twigs and branches.
- Compost or worm farm all your food and vegetable scraps. It's easy, fun and a great way of making free natural fertiliser for your plants. Check our website for dates of upcoming workshops on Composting and Worm Farming.
- Be a smart shopper - avoid purchasing products that have excessive packaging, or that can't be recycled.
- Repair and reuse as much as possible, or take pre-loved goods to reuse/repair centres and charities.
- Recycle disused computers and mobile phones through available channels-call Council on 9789 9300 for more information on how to recycle computers and mobile phones.
More Waste Tips are available here »
Was this page useful?
Type the characters you see in the picture below (Required)