Our Customer Service Centre is located on Ground Floor of our Administration Centre and is open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Language Aides are available in Arabic, Cantonese, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Mandarin, Spanish and Vietnamese.
Telephone: +61 2 9789 9300 (24 hours, 7 days per week)
Fax: +61 2 9789 1542
Web: Contact Council Online form
Location: Map or get directions at Whereis
TTY: +61 2 9789 9617 for the hearing impaired)
Operating hours: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
City of Canterbury
137 Beamish St
ABN: 55 150 306 339
- Address all correspondence to:
Canterbury City Council
PO Box 77, Campsie NSW 2194
- DX address: DX3813
Council has a designated Public Officer in accordance with s.342 of the Local Government Act. The Act outlines the functions of the Public Officer as follows.
The Public Officer:
- may deal with requests from the public concerning Council's affairs
- has the responsibility of assisting people to gain access to public documents of Council
- may receive submissions made to Council
- may accept service of documents on behalf of Council
- may represent Council in any legal or other proceedings
- has such other functions as may be conferred or imposed on the Public Officer by the General Manager or by or under the Local Government Act.
Our Public Officer is the Director Corporate Services, Andy Sammut. The Public Officer can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 9789 9300 or by fax on 9789 1542.
- Canterbury Aquatic & Fitness Centre
Phillips Avenue, Canterbury
- Roselands Aquatic Centre
Centre Avenue, Roselands
Sports Field Wet Weather Hotline
The City of Canterbury Sports Fields Wet Weather availability telephone answering service, sms service and Internet service is designed to inform hirers of the availability of playing fields during periods of wet weather.
- Tel: 02 9718 7666 (Hotline)
- SMS: 199 BLINK (199 25465) (Keywords available here)
Find out more about the current temperature in the Canterbury area.
Justice of the Peace
- Campsie Library | We have a designated JP desk on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am - 2pm at Campsie Library, 14-28 Amy Street. No appointment is required.
- Customer Service Centre | A JP Service is also available at our Administration Centre, 137 Beamish Street, Campsie on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 12 noon (Maximum of 10 pages per day)
- Lakemba Library | We have a designated JP kiosk on Wednesdays from 10am-2pm at Lakemba Library, Cnr The Boulevarde & Croydon Street. No appointment is required.