Disability Programs and Services
In this section...
- Disability Access Committee
- Provision of Disability Access
- Mobility Maps
- Disability (Access to Premises - Buildings) Standards
- Disability Access to Public Facilities
- Disability Agencies and Organisations
- Missed Business Guide | Making businesses accessible
- Ron Rudder Community Access Awards
The Disability Access Committee is continually looking at ways to improve access and facilities of services to people with a disability in the City of Canterbury. Through the implementation of an extensive range of programs and facilities, the Committee has proven their objective time and time again. Outlined below are a number of aims that are fundamental to the beliefs of the Committee:
- To advise Council on ways to improve Council's services and facilities for people with disabilities.
- To assist other community services improve their facilities for people with disabilities.
- To provide an open forum for community members to raise disability matters.
- To educate and provide information on disability matters.